Top 15 Scholarships in France for Foreign Students 2021-2022: France is one of the most sought after destination for international students because it provides foreign students with lots of opportunities ranging from high quality of education, great educational and research facilities, remarkably low tuition fees and awesome scholarship opportunities.
The French educational system is known to be one of the best in Europe and the world having several of its universities highly ranked internationally. Among the notable universities are Universite Paris-Saclay, École Normale Supérieure, École Polytechnique, and Pierre and Marie Curie University who offer France Scholarships 2021.
Studying in France comes at a price if you are a foreign student from outside the EU or EEA, although the tuition fees at public universities are relatively modest compared to other countries. Scholarships in France for Foreign Students can help lessen the financial burden on students. Citizens and permanent residents of EEA countries and Switzerland can enrol on a tuition-free studies, whereas students from outside Europe will have to pay around 3,000 to 4,000 euros per year at public universities. Some private universities may charge more, up to 20,000 euros per annum.
Here is the Good new!!! There are lots of great Scholarships in France for Foreign Students 2021 opportunities for students who are passionate about their educational career and advancement. Some of the scholarships are fully-funded while some are partial funding which will still go a long way to support the educational needs of the students. The following scholarships are among the top 15 Scholarships in France for Foreign Students.
Scholarships for Masters and PhD in France
The following Scholarships in France for Foreign Students 2021-2022 opportunities are available for students with excellent academic and leadership potentials.
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarships
The scholarship was initiated by the France Ministry of Foreign Affairs to allow higher institutions in France attract the best students from foreign countries into their master’s and PhD degree programs. Eiffel scholarship provides allowance of €1,181 and €1,400 for master’s and PhD students respectively. In addition to the allowance, the programme also meets various expenses including return trip, health insurance and cultural activities. Scholarship-holders might also be eligible for additional accommodation allowance.
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Scholarship
The Erasmus Mundus joint Master’s offer is a study programme that awards scholarships to the world’s best students for one or two years, regardless of their field of studies. To receive one, these students must take their master’s programme in at least two countries participating in the programme. Several French institutes of higher education offer joint Master’s programmes. They cover removal and accommodation costs. Interested applicants are to find out more from the institute they are applying to.
Undergraduate Scholarships in France for Foreign Students
- International Fashion Academy Full Scholarships in Paris, France 2020:
International Fashion Academy Full Scholarships in Paris, France 2020 is a tuition fees international scholarship offered by the International Fashion Academy (IFA), Paris for international students. This scholarship is open to students from all nationalities.
Universities in France Scholarships
- École Normale Supérieure Scholarships
École Normale Supérieure (ENS) is a type of publicly funded higher education institution in France. The institution every year provides thirty foreign students, enrolled either in Science or in Humanities, at ENS with scholarship allowance. They receive a monthly stipend of approximately 1,000 Euros for 2-3 years.
- INSEAD MBA Scholarships
The goal of the INSEAD MBA Scholarship is to recruit the best and brightest to join the school — regardless of background or financial situation. If you have always had the dream to attend our top-ranked MBA programme, then you can take advantage of the scholarship offer. The value of the scholarships can be up to €18,700.
- Ampère & MILYON Scholarships
The ENS de Lyon and its partners offer scholarships (Ampère & MILYON Scholarships) for excellent international students to enroll in its Masters programs in the Exact Sciences, the Arts, and Human and Social Sciences. The MILYON Scholarships supports Master’s programs in Advanced Mathematics and Fundamental Computer Science. The scholarships cover €1000/month for a duration of 12 months and is renewable with conditions.
- Sciences Po University Emile Boutmy Scholarships
The Emile Boutmy scholarship is awarded to students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of studies either at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy Scholarships after the founder of Sciences Po to pick the interest of the best international students from outside of the European Union. The scholarships range from €5,000 to €10,000 for postgraduate studies or €3,000 to €12,300 for undergraduate studies.
- HEC Paris MBA Scholarships
HEC Paris is one of the world’s best business schools and a leader in research and education in management sciences. It offers a unique portfolio of programs designed for a carefully selected student body. All applicants admitted into the HEC Paris MBA will have the opportunity to apply for scholarships. The institution offers admitted students over €1,000,000 in aid every year thanks to the work and donations of the HEC Foundation. HEC Paris offers generous scholarships to international students from different countries and backgrounds. The amount of the scholarship varies from €6,000 to €24,000.
- Université Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships
Paris-Saclay University offers students prestigious programmes that enhance their knowledge in various scientific and economic fields, both in academic laboratories and in the socio-economic world or specific professional sectors. The amount of the Université Paris-Saclay scholarship is 10,000€ per year. It is paid by Université Paris-Saclay for the duration of the academic year, and for a period of 10 consecutive months. Also, a maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses can also be awarded depending on the candidate’s country of origin.
- Grenoble Institute of Technology Scholarships
The Grenoble INP Foundation offers scholarships for excellent international master’s degree students. It is important that you apply for the master of your choice before the application expiration deadline. This scholarship can be up to 5000 euros per semester, for a maximum duration of 2 semesters.
- Université de Lille Scholarships
There are a number of scholarships available at Université de Lille for foreign students enrolled in a full-time study programme at the university. Example of such scholarship is the Mobility Scholarship from the University of Lille for masters and doctoral students.
French Embassy Scholarships
In 2019, over 10,000 French government scholarships and internships were granted by embassies for foreign students. They entitle recipients to free tuition in France. Applications can be submitted to the relevant embassy department. International students can visit Campus France Website to learn more.
- France Embassy Scholarships for Masters and PhD: The French Embassy MSc and PhD Scholarships presents an opportunity for students to further their studies in France on scholarships. The scholarships are to be awarded on the grounds of academic excellence, as such only the bright students stand a good chance of getting the sponsorship.
- France Embassy Scholarships for South Africans : Students from South Africa who are interested to study in universities or higher education institutions in France for their Master’s or PhD degree are to apply for the scholarship. There are over 1500 programmes taught in English for students from South Africa an initiative to support even more South African students in achieving their dream by studying in France. The scholarship covers tuition fee waiver of up to 5000€, monthly allowance to cover living expenses and one round-trip air ticket to France.
- France Embassy Scholarships for Tanzanians: The scholarship provides assistance with schooling in a French educational establishment abroad, in the form of a grant, can be provided to families with insufficient resources. These grants make it possible to cover all or part of the fees relating to the first registration, tuition fees or half-board fees.
- France Embassy Scholarship for Nigerians: Scholars from Nigeria who are interested in studying in France can take advantage of the masters scholarships. The scholarship is awarded in collaboration with NNPC/TOTAL to students in Engineering, Geosciences, Management Sciences, Law and Finance to study in top universities in France.
How to Apply for Scholarships in France for Foreign Students
Applying for France Scholarships 2021 will require that students visit the official website of the awarding organization or institution of higher learning and carefully follow the instructions to apply. Some schools may require that applicants submit a list of supporting documents which will aid in processing their admissions and administering the scholarship. Interested applicants are encouraged to always make available the required documents anytime they are being asked for.
Applicants who are interested to study in France can also check a numerous other Scholarships in France to take advantage of, in the case the ones listed above are not sufficient.